Ice Hockey Scholarships
Ice Hockey College Scholarships
While Ice Hockey is not as popular as it is among our neighbors up North in Canada, we still have some great hockey teams. As a matter of fact we have more NHL teams than Canada. Even a place such as Los Angeles which is known for its warm tropical weather we have an ice hockey team. There there are several dozen minor league teams all over the U.S. As this sport is becoming more and more popular, colleges have starting giving out scholarships as well. The great news is that Ice Hockey is a NCAA recognized sport and there are several scholarshps offered by NCAA.
NCAA Ice Hockey Scholarships
Universities with an NCAA DIV I, II, III, IA or IAA Ice Hockey Program offer several benefits which include; scholarships, consideration in admissions, tutoring and much more. These highly competitive programs offer 2,394 as broken down below:
1. 57 Colleges in Div. I - 18 Scholarships Each
2. 8 Colleges in Div. II - 18 Scholarships Each
3. 67 Colleges in Div. III - 18 Scholarships Each
Not all scholarships may be available every year.
UCLA Ice Hockey Scholarships
UCLA has a special college hockey program and non-NCAA scholarships for Ice Hockey. Because UCLA is a Club Sport administered by UCLA Recreation and not an NCAA program run by UCLA Athletics, students may qualify for some special scholarships.
Ferris Foundation Ice Hockey Scholarship
Ferris Foundation has hockey scholarships for students playing hockey and attending State University of Ferris.
Pittsburgh Penguins Scholarships
Pittsburgh Penguins have two scholarships for hockey players:
1. Bob Johnson Scholarship with an award of $2500 is awarded annually to a graduating high school senior from Western Pennsylvania who is a great hockey player and has a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
2. The Pittsburgh Penguins Alumni Association Scholarship with an award of $2000 is awarded annually to a graduating high school senior from Western Pennsylvania who is a great hockey player and has a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
How to Get A Ice Hockey Scholarship
1. Keep up with your great.
2. Play ice hockey for your school and / or a local club.
3. Apply Early
4. Contact coaches and other players to learn more and start marketing yourself.