Student Credit Cards
Credit Cards for Students
Credit Cards can play a key role in student's college life and also help them build a strong credit provided they are used correctly. Responsible students can use these credit cards to pay for tuition, books, food and other living expenses. Students despite having no or very little credit have lot of credit card options. Most of the credit cards are instant approval credit cards. Some of them are also no annual fee credit cards. Please note that new law requirew student to be either 25 years old or have a parent/guardian co-sign to get a credit card.
Bank of America Student Credit Cards
Bank of America offers a variety of credit cards for college students:
- College & University Cards allows students to choose from their favorite school. It has no annual fee and offers a state of the art fraud protection.
- Student Visa® Platinum Plus requires no co-signer and has no annual fee. It allows one to save money on cool deals.
- Student PhotoExpressions® Visa® Platinum Plus® allows you to have a picture. It is also a no fee credit card.
- Secured Visa® Card is for those students who have no credit or a bad credit. By depositing as little as $300 students can build a great history.
Chase Student Credit Cards
Chase offers Chase +1 Student Credit card with no annual fee and a low APR. It may also offer 0% introductory APR for a limited time. Students can also earn reward points on any money they spend.
Citi Bank Student Credit Cards
Citi Bank offers several credit cards depending on the student credit history and needs.
- Citi Forward credit card allows students to get an APR reduction on purchases when using credit wisely. They can earn 6,000 ThankYou® Points after they make $250 in purchases within the first 3 months. they also get 5 points for every $1 spent on dining, books, movies and music; 1 point for other purchases.
- Citi® Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students offers 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months. It allows students to build their credit history with no minimum income or cosigner required. This is a No Annual Fee credit card.
- Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students gives 5% cash back at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations & utilities for 6 months and 2% thereafter. In addition to that students can earn 1% cash back on all other purchases. It also offers 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months.
- Citi® mtvUTM Platinum Select® Visa® Card for College Students awards ThankYou® Points for a good GPA, paying your bills on time & buying books. Students can redeem points for rewards such as gift cards, travel & merchandise, plus exclusive mtv™ & mtvU™ rewards. It also offers 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months.
- Citi® Platinum Select® MasterCard® for College Students offers 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months. It also helps students build their credit history with no minimum income or cosigner required.
- Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® MasterCard® for College Students offers 5% cash back at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations & utilities for 6 months; 2% thereafter. Students can arn 1% cash back on all other purchases. They also get 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months.
Prepaid Cards For Students
Students can also get a pre-paid card to manage there expenses. Our network site, FDRates.com has a list of prepaid student cards. For example they offer Silver Prepaid Master card which students can leverage.
Other Helpful Topics